Ad hoc roundtable for the family policy
This coming fall (2018), the City of Saint-Lambert will begin a process aimed at updating its family policy. The aims of this policy will be to improve the delivery of municipal services to all family members, and ultimately to improve their quality of life.
As part of the process, the City would like to create an ad hoc roundtable consisting of various members of the community. This roundtable will be asked to contribute – through discussion, sharing and collaboration – to the development and implementation of the family policy and related action plan, to develop a framework for implementing and following up on the action plan, and to develop an Age-Friendly Municipality (AFM) policy (known as MADA, or Municipalité amie des aînés, in French).
More specifically, the members of the roundtable will be responsible for:
- drawing on their own respective professional expertise and/or community organizations to contribute to the work of the roundtable;
- cultivating a spirit of collaboration and mutual aid in which value is placed on sharing information and expertise;
- mobilizing the main community stakeholders to become involved in the process;
- ensuring the sustainability of the process (follow-up committee);
- highlighting the value of the process and bringing it to public attention; and
- keeping City Council informed of the steering committee’s work and answering any questions that Council may have about the process.
How the roundtable will work
The members of the roundtable will meet every three weeks over a period of approximately six months. Each meeting will last three hours. The first meeting will be held on Thursday, August 30, at 1:30 p.m. at the recreation centre (600 Oak Avenue).
To become a member
Anyone interested in becoming a member of the roundtable is invited to submit a letter of motivation by no later than August 14, to the attention of Nadia Beauregard, Coordinator, Community Life and Seniors, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must include the following in their letters of motivation:
- a brief personal introduction, including their age;
- the reasons why they wish to participate in the roundtable;
- the number of years they have lived in Saint-Lambert; and
- the City-based services that they currently use or have used in the past.